The Elder Patricia Carr Pittman Scholarship was established under the direction of the Senior Pastor and Visionary of Lifestyle Christian Ministries, Pastor George A. Knight following Elder Pittman’s passing on January 10, 2023.
Elder Pittman received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Houston and worked as a Registered Nurse for St. Luke’s Hospital and East Houston Regional Hospital for 30 years. Additionally, Elder Pittman served in ministry at a young age using her gift of singing and serving as a Worship Leader for several years at Praise Community Church. Elder Pittman would go on to serve as a minister at Praise Community Church, Mountain Top SE Ministries a Minister and then ordained as an Elder at Lifestyle Christian Ministries. Elder Patricia Carr Pittman leaves a legacy of praise and faith in God.
This $500 scholarship will be awarded to a young person(s) who exemplifies the spirit of the late Elder Patricia Carr Pittman. The requirements of the scholarship are as follows:
- Student is either an incoming freshman to a 2–4-year college or university or entering their sophomore, junior or senior year of college or university. Student must have an overall of a 2.50 GPA. If the student is an incoming college freshman, high school GPA will be used.
- Current Resume
- Student will provide an unofficial transcript to the scholarship committee.
- Student must demonstrate academic and spiritual qualities.
- Must be double spaced and typed in a 12 font.
- Must be at least one full page but cannot exceed 3 full pages.
- Your essay must address each of the following topics.
- What gift(s) do you have that you have used to serve your church’s ministry and your community?
- What are your career goals with the major in which you are studying?
- How can you use your career and goals to also serve the Kingdom of God?